Setting New Standards in Laboratory & Industrial Weighing — The Next Generation of Scout Balances
Ideal for laboratory & industrial applications, the OHAUS Scout features an easy to navigate color touchscreen display & a slim design which allows stackable storage. Geared for superior performance with fast stabilization time and high resolution weighing results, these portable balances set a new standard for a broad range of weighing applications. Features also include superior overload protection and expanded connectivity options.
Standard Features Include:
- Quick and Efficient Navigation with the Informative Color Touchscreen Display - Large, resilient color touchscreen allows for effortless operation of the Scout through its informative icon driven menu structure, guiding the user through every step of the weighing application.
- Fast Weighing Speed and High Resolution Deliver Repeatable and Reliable Results - Stabilization time as fast as 1 sec means increased productivity in your facility. Equipped with advanced weighing technology, the Scout also ensures repeatable and reliable weighing results .
- Superior Overload Protection & Stackable Storage Drive Overall Durability - Integrated superior overload protection system rated at 10 times the capacity protects the balance in rugged and demanding environments. The space-saving, slim design allows for stackable storage.
- Multiple Connectivity Options for Greater Flexibility in Communication - With expanded connectivity options including RS232, USB Host, USB Device, Ethernet and Bluetooth®, the Scout provides added versatility to your data collection and transfer needs
Navigate and Operate the Balance Easily with the Informative Touchscreen Display
Portable balance operation has never been easier, faster or as intuitive as the new OHAUS Scout with color touchscreen display. You’ll navigate easily through the Scout’s resistive touchscreen interface and icon-driven menu structure, maneuver efficiently in and out of application modes, change weighing units with a simple press of the screen and execute setup and calibration functions in no time. The OHAUS Scout with color touchscreen display creates a new level of unmatched efficiency and functionality in portable weighing.
A real-time clock function keeps accurate time even during power loss. Additionally, GLP/GMP tracking capabilities assist in the monitoring and reporting of data.
Increased Efficiency and Productivity in your Facility
It’s all about accuracy and efficiency with the OHAUS Scout Touchscreen balance. Stabilization time as fast as 1 sec means increased productivity in the lab, or on the line. With improved resolution, you can count on extremely precise and repeatable weighing results time and time again.
Scout’s Signature Durability Remains Unrivaled
You would expect nothing less from OHAUS than the most durable portable weighing product - that’s why we’ve included our superior overload protection rated at 10 times the capacity of the balance, high strength stainless steel pan, impact-resistant pan support and integrated transportation/storage lock. We’ve even ensured that the high quality, resistive touchscreen is built to last. To complement our signature durability, the Scout Touchscreen is designed to be stackable when utilizing the included stacking and storage cover, which also protects the balance when not in use.
Versatile Data Collection and Transfer
With expanded connectivity options now featuring Bluetooth®, the OHAUS Scout offers more versatility for convenient data logging, communication and remote functionality. Utilize the Bluetooth® accessory to remotely control the balance from your mobile device or tablet for Android™*. Perform functions such as Zero, Tare, Print, Power Off and more. Other accessories include RS232, USB Device, USB Host and Ethernet. With the USB Host option, you can simply save and transfer data from the balance to a USB drive.
Draftshield Model Available
Scout’s ingenious draftshield (1mg models only) was designed with an easy to remove top cover piece. This serves as a wind protection ring which keeps the weighing surface stable in rough environments, while maintaining weighing speed.
Built-in Application Modes
- Weighing — Determines the weight of items on the pan in the selected unit of measure.
- Parts Counting — Counts the number of pieces on the pan using a uniform weight.
- Percent Weighing — Measures the weight of a sample displayed as a percentage of a pre-established reference weight.
- Check Weighing — Compares the weight of a sample against target limits.
- Totalization — Measures cumulative weight of multiple items. Cumulative total may exceed balance capacity.
- Dynamic Weighing - Weighs an unstable sample load. The balance takes an average of weights over a period of time.
- Density Determination - Determines density of solids or liquid. With the integrated weigh below hook, it is possible to perform specific gravity tests for objects that cannot be easily placed on the weighing pan
- Display Hold — Manually holds the last stable weight or the first highest stable weighing value on the display.
- Mole Weighing — Measures the weight of a sample and calculates it into Moles automatically.