Ohaus EC Series Counting Scales are economical digital counting scales designed for fast, accurate operation. Ideally suited for annual inventories, parts rooms and other counting tasks, with an internal counting resolution of 1:600,000. Ohaus EC Counting Scales offer accuracy, durability and portability in one practical design.
- Three-window, backlit LCD with fast display of weight, average piece weight and parts count
- Full counting keypad with numeric keys
- Pre-set Tare and dedicated TARE and SAMPLE keys for fast operation
- Pound or gram weighing units
- 10 APW (Average Piece Weight) memory locations for commonly-counted parts
- Accumulator function for weight and parts count
- Auto-optimization feature recalculates APW constantly for enhanced parts counting accuracy
- 80-hour Internal rechargeable battery with power-saving Auto-shut off feature
- Adjustable filtering level and Auto-Zero Tracking for weighing in industrial condition
- 1 year Ohaus warranty
The Ohaus EC Digital Counting Scale offers features for fast and accurate use:
- Fast Sampling – Enter the number of pieces in your sample, press the dedicated Sample key, and start counting.
- Manual APW (Average Piece Weight) Entry – For parts with an established Average Piece Weight, just input the APW value, press the dedicated APW key, and start counting.
- Auto Optimization – Start with a small sample size of 10, and then add random lots of pieces (below original sampling size) to increase your Average Piece Weight accuracy. The EC Counting Scale continues to recalculate the APW with each batch of parts you count.
- Positive or Negative Counting – Count into or out of a container, keeping track of how many pieces are on the scale or have been removed.
- Dedicated Keys – The EC Counting Scale has dedicated keys for the most common counting operations – Sample, Tare, Zero, APW entry, and Pre-Set Tare entry.
- Low Weight Alerts – If the total weight or APW is too low, the EC Counting Scale will warn the user.
- Flexible Taring – Preset tare weights can be quickly entered via the keyboard, or use the Tare key.
- Accumulation – Use the dedicated memory key to accumulate weighments on the platform. The EC Counting Scale can display total weight accumulated, number of weighments, and a total parts count.
- APW Memories – 10 memory locations for storing commonly-used part weights, easily accessed using the numeric keypad.
- Portability – Designed for portable counting applications, the EC Counting Scale offers integrated carry handles and an internal rechargeable battery.
A Wide Range of Counting Applications and Industries:
- In-Process Parts Counting
- Stock Rooms
- Inventory Control
- Quality Control and Assurance
- Ticket Counting
- Pull Tab Counting
- Print Shops
| Item Number
| Capacity x Readability
||3000 g x 0.1 g
6 lb x 0.0002 lb
|6000 g x 0.2 g
15 lb x 0.0005 lb
|15000 g x 0.5 g
30 lb x 0.001 lb
|30000 g x 1 g
60 lb x 0.002 lb
|Minimum Recommended Sample Weight
||1 g / 0.002 lb
||2 g / 0.005 lb
||5 g / 0.01 lb
||10g / 0.02 lb
|Minimum Recommended APW
|| 0.01 g / 0.00002 lb
|| 0.02 g / 0.00005 lb
|| 0.05 g / 0.0001 lb
|| 0.1 g / 0.0002 lb
| Maximum Internal Counting Resolution
|Maximum Displayed Resolution
|| lb or g (menu selected)
| Application Modes
|| Weighing, Counting, Accumulation
||3-Window, backlit LCD 0.75in / 19mm High, 6-digit, 7-segment
||Stability, Center of Zero , Tare, Low Sample Weight, Low APW, Accumulation, Battery Status, Weighing Unit
||10 locations for APW
||7 function (Tare, Sample, APW, Zero, Pre-set Tare, M+, Cancel), 11 numeric membrane keys
||To Full Capacity by Subtraction (except EC15, up to 20 lbs/10kg only)
||≤ 2 seconds
| Auto-Zero Tracking
||0 (off), 0.5, 1, 2, 3d
| Safe Overload Capacity
||120% of capacity
||AC Adapter (included) / Internal rechargeable lead acid battery (included)
| Battery Life
||80 hours continuous use with 12 hour recharge time
||External, with user-selectable calibration weight
| Operating Temperature and Humidity Range
||32° to 104° F / 0° to 40° C
| Pan Size (in / mm)
||11.6 x 8.9 / 294 x 226
| Scale Dimensions (in / mm)
||12.8 W x 13 D x 4.5 min H / 325 W x 330.5 D x 114 min H
| Shipping Dimensions (in / mm)
||17.3 W x 14.2 D x 6.3 H / 440 W x 360 D x 160 H
| Net Weight (lb / kg)
||9.2 / 4.2
| Shipping Weight (lb / kg)
||11.7 / 5.3
Physical and Operational Features:
Removable stainless steel weighing pan, clear plastic in-use protective cover, durable ABS plastic housing, shipping screw to avoid damage to sensitive components, backlit LCD displays, rubber user-adjustable leveling feet, front panel leveling bubble, internal rechargeable lead acid battery, external AC wall adapter, large dedicated Tare and Sample keys, dedicated memory, pre-set Tare, APW and Zero keys, numeric keypad, user-selectable Auto-Off, Pre-set Tare, Auto-optimization of APW, low APW alert, user-selectable environmental filtering, Auto-Zero Tracking, 10 APW memory locations, Accumulation function with recall of total weight, number of weighments and total parts count.
Industry Leading Quality and Support
All Ohaus EC Counting Scales are manufactured under an ISO 9001:2000 Registered Quality Management System. Our rugged construction and stringent quality control have been hallmarks of all Ohaus products for nearly a century.
Ohaus Model EC Series Compact Bench Counting Scales with easy carrying handle