Enhance your students? experience by easily incorporating the NEW! Ohaus Harvard Junior pan balance into the game for a rich, hands-on experience your students will not soon forget!
The Ohaus Math & Science Measurement Skills Assessment Review Kit has been specifically developed to provide comprehensive coverage of standardsbased measurement topics for elementary
students in grades 3-5 (with an introductory set of questions leveled at grade 2 and an accelerated set of questions leveled at grade 6).
WHAT YOU GET WITH EACH KIT:
- A set of 750 standards-based assessment review questions
- 12 game boards with materials for up to 36 students to play games simultaneously from 5 to 30 minutes or more.
- A presentation CD-ROM with 750 interactive assessment questions
- A comprehensive teacher planning & resource guide
- Built in links to hands-on activities using the Ohaus Harvard Junior? pan balance (sold separately)
- All questions are grade appropriate and leveled by content and readability.
The Ohaus Measurement Skills Kit was developed using research-based principles and is designed for in-class review for grades 3-5, Title I and Special Needs students. It?s a great way to prepare & review for upcoming assessments, incorporate into after-school tutoring, individualized instruction, or summer learning programs.
1. Introduction to Measurement Skills
2. History of Weights and Measures
3. Science Inquiry Skills
4. Customary System and the Metric System
5. Units of Weight
6. Units of Capacity/Volume
7. Units of Length
8. Which Units to Use
9. Measurement Terms
10. Weighing Techniques and Procedures
11. Types of Scales
12. Parts of a Scale
13. Using the Harvard Jr. Scale
14. Making Estimations in Measurement
15. Which Weighs More?
16. Comparing Mass of Objects
17. Measuring Tools
18. Measuring Length
19. Measuring Volume
20. Measuring Density
21. Measuring Temperature
22. Time/Elapsed Time
23. Geometry and Measurement
24. Real World Applications of Measuring Skills
25. Importance of Measurement to Science and Technology